Monday, March 12, 2007

Just a Few Thinking Bloggers



Stefanie over at So Many Books has mentioned Book Chase as deserving of a "Thinking Blogger Award." Now that I've gotten over the surprise, it is my turn to nominate five other blogs for the honor. So, if you don't already know these, please take a minute to visit them.
The Book Mine Set - a Canadian blog produced by John Mutford

book/daddy - the blog of former Dallas Morning News book columnist Jerome Weeks

A Garden Carried in the Pocket - Jenclair's blog from Bossier City, Louisiana

The Class Factotum Speaks - not a book blog but this Rice grad living in Memphis writes about her life in a way that I find fascinating

A Work in Progress
- anyone so involved in a marathon read of War and Peace deserves our applause
These are only a few of the blogs that I read as often as I can squeeze in the time. The web is a virutal treasure chest of interesting reading and I could have listed another dozen or so blogs very easily. Enjoy.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blurb! I enjoyed the other links. Good luck with the "Thinkie"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank you, Sam! And thanks for the links -- which I must check out immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You shouldn't be surprised Sam :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Stefanie and Anne...Your welcome, John and Jenclair.

    I hope everyone finds something they like in these particular links and in the others I have listed on the left side of the blog. There's so much good stuff about books and reading out there that it's scary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link! I love your Dickens collection!! Those books look so nice on your shelves!! And I will be so happy to get through W&P! It really does feel like a marathon some days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Danielle. Believe me, I admire your determination to finish the book before moving on to another. I'm not sure that I will ever have the patience to read the whole thing. Best of luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't tell you how honored I am to have made your list. I don't write about books, but when I'm not blogging, I am reading. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Ma'am, that's close enough. Consider yourself an honorary book blogger. :)

    And, I really do enjoy your blog, BTW, checking it everyday to see what's up with you.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.