Monday, September 22, 2008

It Has Finally Happened

After nine days, eleven hours and fifteen minutes, power has finally been restored to my part of the world. It took a long time, and I was starting to think that we would be among the last to regain electricity (actually, we were in the last 30%, or so, as it turned out), but it's finally happened. I've had electricity for the last three and one-half hours and I'm still thrilled with the luxury of it all. Believe me, folks, electricity is something you really don't appreciate until you've been without it for a few days. I will never take it for granted again.

Unfortunately, there are still at least 650,000 other homes without power and I really feel for them. And that's not even to mention the many thousands of people in Harris and surrounding counties who have lost a lot more than their electricity. Many of them have lost everything they owned in the world and they are, for the moment, homeless and struggling to maintain their sanity. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad all is well and your electric is back on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Kristina. It is absolutely great to be comfortable again.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.