Monday, June 22, 2009

Road Trip - On the Road Again!

Just a quick note to tell everyone that I will be "on the road again" beginning tomorrow morning. I'm heading back to Owensboro, KY, for four glorious days of bluegrass music presented by the International Bluegrass Music Museum there.

I plan to get in a lot of music, a little reading, and some blogging while I'm away. Much of the blogging is likely to be on my other blog, Bluegrass & Honky Tonks, but I won't completely disappear from here either because I'm dragging at least half a dozen books with me and hope to actually finish a couple of them.

I won't arrive back in Houston until June 29 so things will be a little ragged for a while. I feel sort of like this little guy:




BTW, the Kate Atkinson review I posted this afternoon was my 1000th post on Book Chase and that is a great excuse for a book giveaway. I'll think about it this week and we'll do something when I get home.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 1000th post and have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 1000th post and enjoy the KY bluegrass. Being a local KY native, I do!!

    Traveln' mercies to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your 1000th post. I enjoy them. Have fun on your trip. I am living in Florida now but will be moving to northern KY. in October. I will get to see the 'blue grass' that you speak of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun, Sam! I miss not being there; tell the gang "Hi" from me!

    And congrats on the 1000th post - that's incredible!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.