Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Best of 2010, Update 7


I finished Abraham Verghese's Cutting for Stone Sunday night and I'll be posting my thoughts about the book in a few minutes. Simply stated: I love the book and the time I spent in mid-20th century Ethiopia with Marion and Shiva Stone. This one goes to number 1 and it might be there for a while.



So, after 11 books, I have dropped the first book off the list and I'm left with this Top 10:

1. Cutting for Stone - Abraham Verghese (novel)
2. Man of Constant Sorrow - Ralph Stanley and Eddie Dean (biography)
3. The Opposite Field - Jesse Katz (memoir)

4. The Calligrapher's Daughter - Eugenia Kim (novel)

5. Homer & Langley - E.L. Doctorow - 4.0 (novel)
6. Blind Submission - Debra Ginsberg (2006 novel)
7. Goosetown: Reconstructing an Akron Neighborhood - Joyce Dyer (memoir)
8. Get Out of the Way - Daniel Dinges (novel)
9. Boston Noir - Dennis Lehane, Editor (short story collection)

10. The Unnamed - Joshua Ferris (novel)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.