Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Book Trailer of the Week: The Shepherd's Life



I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but this looks like a book I would enjoy a lot.   I'm a fan of memoirs/autobiographies that give me a peek into the kinds of lives or locales I'm never likely to experience for myself, and...I'm never going to be a shepherd, right?  So why not read The Shepherd's Life instead?

This, I think, speaks once again to the degree of influence that a well produced book trailer can have.  (I still love book trailers.)  

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of a book trailer before, clearly I've been under a rock or something. The sense of continuity with the author's ancestors and his sheep's ancestors is amazing. I love to watch the way the dogs work. This shepherd probably doesn't put LED lights on his sheep and have them do tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, I am guessing that book trailers have been around for something like five years now, but they have really started to come into their own in the last couple of years...mainly because publishers started to throw a little more money at them. Take a look at the sidebar of my blog and you will find a category for "book trailers" in the label section (you have to scroll way down, almost to the bottom of the page to see them but just keep an eye on the right hand column).

    I agree with you. Those dogs are fascinating to watch work. We had shelties as pets for years and years and I can vividly remember seeing them try to heard my grandchildren around the yard when they were toddlers...so some of their ability must be genetically transferred.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.