Friday, January 08, 2016

Movies for Readers: Mildred Pierce

This week's Movie for Readers is actually an HBO mini-series that was first aired four years ago.  I recently watched the whole thing via Amazon's Prime Movies, and I was so impressed with it that I want to spread the word. The series stars Kate Winslet who is excellent in the title role, but the supporting cast is what really makes the film so good. That cast includes: Evan Rachel Wood, Guy Pearce, Melissa Leo, and Bryan F. O'Byrne.  The movie is, of course, based on the 1941 James M. Cain novel of the same name. Mildred Pierce is not a novel I've read, so I can't say how closely it follows the book's plot...but I hope to read it in 2016 to find out.




There are at least two official trailers for Mildred Pierce but I think this one best represents the content and mood of the HBO production.

Movies for Readers No. 12

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.