Friday, July 22, 2016

Musicians Against Childhood Cancer: Bluegrass Heaven

I've spent the past two days outdoors at a bluegrass festival near Columbus, Ohio, that, in fact, runs for an additional two days. Throw in the four days it took me to drive up to Columbus from Houston, and you can see why I've been forced to neglect Book Chase for the last week.  And to top things off, wifi access is spotty, \ - at best - at this hotel. (It is so unreliable, that as I type this, I have no idea whether or not I will be able to actually post it.)

Anyway, I wanted to give you guys a taste of what I've been up to this week.  This festival is called MACC, Musicians Against Childhood Cancer, and all the proceeds go to St. Jude's hospital.  All the artists donate their time - and hope to peddle enough CDs and tee-shirts to maybe, just maybe, cover the cost of the gasoline it took to get them to Columbus.

This video is from last night's show-closing band, Larry Sparks & The Lonesome Ramblers.  Larry is a recent inductee to the Bluegrass Hall of Fame, and even though his career now spans more than 50 years, he still looks and sounds great.  Take a look:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.